Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Petr Jelinek <pjmodos(at)pjmodos(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema
Date: 2009-08-21 22:11:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Petr Jelinek <pjmodos(at)pjmodos(dot)net> writes:
> However there is one question about implementing it in plpgsql.
> Currently, the compiler reads info directly from heap tuple, so I either
> have to write separate compiler for inline functions or change the
> existing one to accept the required info as parameters and "fabricate"
> some of it when compiling inline function. I am unsure which one is the
> preferred way.

Sounds like we have to refactor that code a bit. Or maybe it should
just be a separate code path. The current plpgsql compiler is also
pretty intertwined with stuffing all the information about the function
into a persistent memory context, which is something we most definitely
*don't* want for an anonymous code block. So it's going to take a bit
of work there. I think pulling the heap tuple apart might be the least
of your worries.