Re: Double entries in log for page slots in beta3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
Cc: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Double entries in log for page slots in beta3
Date: 2006-12-05 21:37:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Jim C. Nasby" <jim(at)nasby(dot)net> writes:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 11:04:17AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Curiously enough, that's exactly what the FSM stats tell you now.

> But only at the end of a database-wide vacuum verbose, right?

True. It was done that way to provide some minimal assurance that the
numbers would be somewhat up-to-date --- obviously in a cluster with
multiple active databases this isn't good enough, but it's what we were
able to do conveniently.

I believe that you can get the equivalent info from
contrib/pg_freespacemap/ as of 8.2.