Re: PL/pgSQL 'i = i + 1' Syntax

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>
To: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, all(at)adv(dot)magwien(dot)gv(dot)at
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL 'i = i + 1' Syntax
Date: 2006-05-18 05:43:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ühel kenal päeval, K, 2006-05-17 kell 20:17, kirjutas Jonah H. Harris:
> On 5/17/06, Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net> wrote:
> > Does ADA have both assignment and comparison as operators, or is
> > assignment a statement ?
>
> Yes. Assignment is := and comparison is =

I meant to ask, if := is a statement and = is an operator in ADA or are
both operators. Statemants and operators are two different language
constructs, usable in different places.

In C both = and == are operators and results of both can further be used
in expressions, in most languages assignment is a statement not an
operator, and statements have no result.

Can you do something like "A > (B := C)" or "IF (A:=B) THEN ..." in
ADA ?

--
Hannu Krosing

Skype me: callto:hkrosing
Get Skype for free: http://www.skype.com

NOTICE: This communication contains privileged or other confidential
information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender
by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments
without copying or disclosing the contents.