Re: BUG #18116: This is definitiv a BUG in INOUT parameter in stored procedures in Postgres 12.16

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: wlaunhardt(at)web(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18116: This is definitiv a BUG in INOUT parameter in stored procedures in Postgres 12.16
Date: 2023-09-18 14:10:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs

PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> Please don't send me that again - it is a BUG ! :

Maybe, but you haven't shown us a reproducible example.
What I get from the fragments you gave here is

ERROR: ptest(text[]) is not a procedure
LINE 1: CALL ptest( test )
^
HINT: To call a function, use SELECT.
QUERY: CALL ptest( test )
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function inline_code_block line 6 at CALL

I suspect that the underlying problem may involve a SQL declaration
for "ptest" that doesn't match what the C code does, so I'm not going
to guess at what you actually used as the SQL declaration. But
clearly it's not what you wrote here.