Re: thread hang on execute call

From: Pavan Kumar <pavan(at)netcore(dot)co(dot)in>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, João Paulo Ribeiro <jp(at)mobicomp(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: thread hang on execute call
Date: 2006-04-07 05:07:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

hi
i sending procedure as attachments that is called by java program.
please get it from attachments.
i creates 15 worker threads and there is queue for job.
worker threads get job from queue if it there and do some db operation.
and wait if there is no job in queue. there is another thread that push
job in queue.
since whole processing takes time.....so worker threads always find job
in queue.
so they run nonstop and make db call to this procedure.
after around 2 days all threads get stuck one bye one.
then there is no response from either side.
worker thread also do some memory intensive operation at their side.
it could be that threads are running low on memory so then might not be
able to respond postgres process. but jvm doesn't show out of memory.
and both end are waiting on recv call.
please tell me if you need more info or the way i should try to help you
people to diagnose problem.

Following two line or from logs

LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG: could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

well i am not sure when this loggin happened. either after when i killed
java process or before it.

thanks a lot for your nice help.

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 18:35 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> You're correct it's a guess at this point predicated on the
> assumption that it works for many others without this flaw.
> On 6-Apr-06, at 5:12 PM, Oliver Jowett wrote:
>
> > Dave Cramer wrote:
> >> This is most certainly a threading issue. The question is now
> >> whether it is in the driver or outside the driver.
> >
> > Huh? What made you conclude it was definitely a threading issue?
> >
> > -O
> >
> > ---------------------------(end of
> > broadcast)---------------------------
> > TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Website: http://www.netcore.co.in
Spamtraps: http://cleanmail.netcore.co.in/directory.html

Support FAQ : http://support.netcore.co.in/

This e-mail contains confidential and/or privileged information. If
unauthorized copying, disclosure, use or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Attachment Content-Type Size
sp_addupdateitem.sql text/x-sql 4.0 KB