Large text data

From: "Antimon" <antimon(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Large text data
Date: 2006-04-06 22:18:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I need to store text entries and i use text datatype. I want to ask if
it will be better to split text and entry information?

I mean, i can use a table like, (id, authorid, insertdate, editdate,
threadid, textdata) or i can have an entrytexts table (id, entryid,
textdata) and a foreign key on entryid -> entries.id.
Which would be better? I might need to do some range searches and
orders on entries so i thought splitting text might decrease some
overhead?

Or shall i just use one table?

Thanks.