specifying unix domain socket name

From: aktivists(at)inbox(dot)lv
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: specifying unix domain socket name
Date: 2006-02-01 16:15:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Is it possible to specify using PQsetdbLogin() or
PQconnectdb()
the name of unix domain socket?

In documentation I read that I can specify path using host:
host
Name of the host to connect to. If this begins with
a slash ('/'), it
specifies Unix domain communication rather than TCP/IP
communication.
>>>The value is the name of the directory in which the
socket file is stored.<<<
The default is to connect to a Unix-domain socket in /tmp.

And using port I can specify socket name extension:
port
The port number to connect to at the server host,
>>>or the socket filename extension<<< for Unix-domain
connections.

How is it possible to specify full unix domain socket
path and name, not only path and extension?

Thanks
Ervin