Re: Backup - filesystem snapshots

From: Dmitri Kushak <technical(at)gxs(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Chris Jewell <c(dot)jewell(at)lancaster(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backup - filesystem snapshots
Date: 2006-01-18 21:59:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

Chris,

I am having the same problem here and I am considering using SVN for DB
backup, i.e. every snapshot (whichever way you do it, pg_dump seems OK)
gets checked in on a regular basis, then if a table is accidentally
deleted, it can still be checked out and restored. In case you do not
know,
SVN (Subversion, http://subversion.tigris.org) is like CVS (Concurrent
version system).
Of course the SVN repository itself needs to be backed up somewhere.

Best regards,
Dmitri