How to search?

From: "Mike" <akiany(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to search?
Date: 2006-01-02 19:21:40
Lists: pgsql-general

I am new in this field and would appreciate it if someone points me to
the right direction.

I have a website with lots of users and each have lots of data in
multiple tables. I want to create a search box where a user can search
between all their data for the match. I want to search system to
contain multiple words and be forgiving. How do I do it? Do I have to
create a flat text of every record in my tables and then run the search

through them for every word entered? That doesn't sound right? It would

exhaust my database with a few users...

Regards,
Mike