Is there a way to check execution progress of a query?

From: patrick hoogendijk <patrick(at)safepoint(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is there a way to check execution progress of a query?
Date: 2005-11-09 12:56:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Some of the queries I run on my Postgresql database take some time to
complete (1 hour+).
I know you can get the active queries by 'select * from
pg_stat_activity', but I was wondering if there is a way to see some
information on the progress of the query execution while running (for
example the number of updated records , read records).

TIA,

Patrick

Patrick Hoogendijk

Safepoint Internet Services
curacaolaan 144
3131 XG Vlaardingen

http://www.safepoint.nl
tel: +31 (0)10 4340044
fax: +31 (0)10 4340032
"Walking on water and meeting requirements are both equally easy to do
when both are frozen."