Re: How to get the value in the lastvalue field

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Venki <Venki(at)insoft(dot)com>
Subject: Re: How to get the value in the lastvalue field
Date: 2005-10-26 12:54:15
Lists: pgsql-general

If I was you, I would assign separate non-overlapping sequence ranges
for all servers from start. The ranges should be sized considering what
traffic each server will have. When one of the servers is close to use
up it's sequence range, assign it another one...
Then you will always know that one or other record is coming from which
server, and don't need to care when moving between servers. All other
scenarios are error prone.

Cheers,
Csaba.