How to cluster Postgresql

From: Franck Coppola <fcoppola(at)hexaglobe(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to cluster Postgresql
Date: 2005-10-21 16:01:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

We have a postgresql database which we would like to clusterize. By
clusterize, i mean be able to use multiple servers to read and write in
the database. Simple replication is not enough. (However if you have any
suggestion for replication which are fit for production environements, i
would be interested too : i don't feel very confident with slony).

Are there any tools to do this ? (I would prefer opensource, but if
there is a well proven and affordable commercial app to do it, why
not).

Sincerly,

--
Franck Coppola <fcoppola(at)hexaglobe(dot)com>
Hexaglobe