pl/pythonu - return values

From: Kelly Burkhart <kelly(at)tradebotsystems(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pl/pythonu - return values
Date: 2005-10-19 19:03:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Can pl/pythonu procedures return anything other than a string?

I have some python code which communicates to another process and can
either return sensible results or some kind of error. I was hoping to
return something like:

create type rval_t as (status integer, status_txt text, result text);

Is something like this possible?