Re: Ready for beta yet?

From: Tomasz Rybak <bogomips(at)post(dot)pl>
To: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
Cc: dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ready for beta yet?
Date: 2005-10-04 19:24:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dnia 03-10-2005, pon o godzinie 18:50 +0200, blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
napisał(a):
> Hi Tomasz, Dave and friends,
>
> first day to my new job and first day with an access to
> the net since a long time.

Good luck with new job.

> Tomasz, if you have some time to produce a merge between
> what you provided and what I've fixed in official debian I'd
> appreciate your help now I particularly think to the pgagent part
> of the package which was not taken in consideration in 1.2.2 and
> also the i18n relocation.

OK.
Here are changes I made, applied to revision 4490.
They are mostly changes made by you in official Debian package,
but I made few additional.

For changelog, I put 1.4.0, because as I understand, we're trying
to be ready for 1.4 release; I also put you name, as author of these
changes. Feel free to put mine, if it's more appropriate.

In rules, line 16, instead of
_pgsql_inc:="/usr/include/postgresql -I./include"
I put calling of pg_config; such behaviour was mentioned
in changelog for libpq-dev 8.0.3-13 as more proper now.

I also created new variable CPPFLAGS, where I put -I./include
taken from _pgsql_inc.
Previous situation resulted in warnings from configure script,
because instead of putting -I into _pgsql_inc, it was passed
to script as parameter, which wasn't sure what to do with that.
pgAdmin was being built successfully, but I decided to get
rid of this warning.
I also had to change a bit calling configure script in line 50,
and add CPPFLAGS to it.

I also changed directory from ui to i18n line 106 of file rules.

Last change I made is adding pgagent and i18n files in pgadmin3.install.

Changelog in attachment.

One remark.
Why there are slony3 and slony3-data package?
Both depend on each other, and from my point of view there
is no need for them both; maybe it's good idea to merge them.
However, I'm not experienced in Debian packages creating,
and I don't know why split occurred, so I'll leave these two
as they are, without changes. So it's up to you to decide what
to do.

--
Tomasz Rybak <bogomips(at)post(dot)pl>

Attachment Content-Type Size