Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Date: 2008-02-06 17:04:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I would rather set a target and modify it if necessary based on
> experience than have none at all.

We felt that we'd like to get a couple of fests under our belts before
trying to nail down very many rules. The process will get more
formalized later, no doubt, but let's see what the actual problems are
before guessing about how to fix them.

The original draft listed the first commit fest as being in May, but
we added a March fest in part to have a "practice run" without too much
stuff being on the plate.