How to obtain the list of data table name only

From: "Sunny" <sunny076(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to obtain the list of data table name only
Date: 2005-07-14 22:24:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how I can obtain only the list of
data table in postgresql without function and other ancillary tables. I
hope that I can add a tag that can filter only data table.

I am using the following SQL Statement:

"SELECT TABLE_NAME, TABLE_TYPE FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES"

I would appreciate if anyone can enligten me on how this can be
achieve.

Sunny