Yearly Archival System Using PostgreSQL

From: "Vivek" <vivek(dot)sonny(dot)abraham(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Yearly Archival System Using PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-07-14 09:24:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am developing a database system using PostgreSQL in which I should be
able to delete redundant records once a year (Time specified by the
user). THe redundant records should be inserted into the archive table
which is part of the same database.

Is this possible in pgsql? Can I program a function in SQL or a trigger
to fire when the computer switches on say Jan 1 of every year?

Will be grateful if anybody could point me in the right direction.

Vivek