Inserting a record data type into a table

From: Graeme Hinchliffe <graeme(dot)hinchliffe(at)zeninternet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Inserting a record data type into a table
Date: 2005-04-11 13:33:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hiya
Is it possible to insert a record data type into a table, or am I going
to have to refer to each attribute individually in an insert?

what I would like to be able to do is simply

INSERT INTO newtable VALUES (NEW);

and have the whole NEW record in a trigger inserted into the new table.

Thanks

--
-----
Graeme Hinchliffe (BSc)