Need some install help .....pgsql8.0.1 on Suse Linux 9.2 pro

From: John Phillips <jphillips3(at)hot(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need some install help .....pgsql8.0.1 on Suse Linux 9.2 pro
Date: 2005-03-05 20:52:03
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
I'm a kinda newbie. Used Oracle for years doing development. I do
Oracle MFG development professionally in a professionally maintained (by
others!) environment. Just installed Suse9.2 pro at home on an AMD
Athlon +3000 with a gig of memory and a separate 160 GB Hardrive.
and wanted to get up and running with PGSQL. I downloaded
postgresql-8.0.1 gunzipped it, untarred it and put in in /usr/local/src
did the ./config thing. Config replied about readline. I downloaded
readline5.0 from the GNU readline site.
Anything that I'm "obviously" missing ?
what kind of readline entries should I see in /usr/local/lib ?

Thanks for the help

regards