Re: 8.0.X and the ARC patent

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.0.X and the ARC patent
Date: 2005-02-21 22:54:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 18:17 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> For development, this means we will _not_ have a shortened, non-initdb
> 8.1 release but a regular release cycle with the typical big batch of
> features.

Might we set a rough date for Beta freeze for 8.1 then?

September 30th 2005 ?

I see only benefit from publishing a not-before date now. It's up to
Core if it slips, but it'll really help with gaining funding if people
can accurately determine whether or not features can be added for
inclusion in the next release. There are lots of potential donors
waiting, so lets give them some certainty about which release their
payback will occur in....

Best Regards, Simon Riggs