simple query question

From: Akbar <tuxer(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: simple query question
Date: 2005-02-07 12:23:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi.....

Imagine I have view named view_stok_table_total....
SELECT * FROM view_stok_table_total;
index name sum buying_price sale_price
1 mentos 5 100 120
2 mentos 8 110 140
3 durex 9 200 210
4 queen 10 400 450

You see, there are two mentos ( same product but different
price )......
What query command that I have to issue so that I get the list
like this:
name sum buying_price sale_price
mentos 13 110 140
durex 9 200 210
queen 10 400 450

so this time, there is only one mentos. This mentos has 13 ( 8 + 5 )
stuff, and use the highest index's ( that is 2 because 2 is higher than
1 ) buying_price and sale_price value.

Thank you....

regards,

akbar