Re: PostgreSQL 8 on windows very slow

From: "lol" <llaffont(at)adixen(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8 on windows very slow
Date: 2005-01-17 06:59:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Well, for SELECT request pgsql runs well, although it's a little
slower than firebird & MySQL.
The problem is especially for INSERT request. It's strange there's a
lot of disk access, as if it doesn't use the cache or something like
that (I'm not a db expert).
The application runs on windows 2000 SP4 english, developped in Delphi
7 and access the database using ZeosLib 6.1.5 (I have also tried with
6.5.1-alpha 2).
We don't make a lot of request in our application. We use MS-Access 97
and we want to change for an SQL compliant open source database.
Out application with pgsql (but I think the problem is zeoslib) is a
little slower than ms-access ! We have good results with MySQL and
Firebird (using zeoslib).

Thank you