Re: What is alias_list_srl() ?

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Fred Fung <fred(dot)fung(at)versaterm(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What is alias_list_srl() ?
Date: 2004-11-26 00:00:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 15:00 -0500, Fred Fung wrote:
> I am running PostgreSQL 7.4.5 and I notice the following 2 sets of
> error messages generated by the postmaster everything I do a query
> through my frontend application program

The source of the errors is your frontend application, not PostgreSQL.

> ERROR: relation "serialreg" does not exist

Your application is submitting a query that references a table
("serialreg") that does not exist.

> ERROR: syntax error at or near "MODE" at character 10

Without seeing the query that produces this, it's difficult to say what
the problem is. Try enabling statement logging and reporting the query
that causes the error.

> ERROR: function alias_list_srl() does not exist

Again, your application is trying to invoke a user-defined function that
does not exist, so this is a problem with your application (or your
configuration), not PostgreSQL itself.

-Neil