Re: 8.0 questions

From: Robby Russell <robby(at)planetargon(dot)com>
To: alit(at)vtsystems(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.0 questions
Date: 2004-10-07 22:58:36
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 14:48 -0400, Artem Litvinovich wrote:
> Dear postgres community,
>
> I would like to know what are the significant changes and new features
> introduced in Postgres 8.0 which warranted the major version number
> increment. From the postres website it is not very clear as I can only
> find technical changelogs for the beta releases.
>
> //Artem

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

I think that if you look in the postgresql advocacy list archives, it
was first mentioned by Josh Berkus as to why the change to 8.0

voila:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2004-08/msg00022.php

hth,

Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR | robby(at)planetargon(dot)com
* 503.351.4730 | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP/PostgreSQL Hosting & Development