Re: [HACKERS] source documentation tool doxygen

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
Cc: <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <jgardner(at)jonathangardner(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] source documentation tool doxygen
Date: 2006-01-17 12:42:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Joachim Wieland said:
> Do you want to put it on the postgresql.org site nevertheless? Is it
> too big to be mirrored and should be recreated on every webserver? We
> might need one copy for the last version of every major release as well
> as one for cvs. The latter should get updated regularly of course but I
> figure it would be sufficient to do that once a week...

The overwhelming amount of development work gets done against HEAD. I would
start with a once a day run against HEAD, and possibly one against the
latest stable branch (currently REL8_1_STABLE in cvs). That would get you
99% of the possible benefit, I think. I don't see any virtue in doing it
against a release as opposed to a stable branch - this is to help
development efforts so it should be against what people should be basing
their development efforts on.

cheers

andrew