jdbc and large binary files

From: Warren Little <wlittle(at)securitylending(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: jdbc and large binary files
Date: 2004-08-28 23:23:11
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,
I'm currently using the LO api with the oid data type for storing
large objects. I would like to switch to bytea data. When I last
tested this idea (over 8 months ago) I experienced massive memory bloat
in the JDBC application. I recall seeing some threads on fixing this
problem. Can anyone tell me if this issue has been addressed in the
latest driver?

thanks

--
Warren Little