Re: libpq.so.3 not found

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Xinyu Hua <xhua(at)cse(dot)ucsc(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq.so.3 not found
Date: 2003-09-09 00:06:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Xinyu Hua <xhua(at)cse(dot)ucsc(dot)edu> writes:
> I am working on solaris platform.
> When I try to create an executable file using gcc -o -L -lpq, it gives me
> an error message:
> ld.so.1: file_name: fatal: libpq.so.3: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> But I give the full path of lib files in -L option. And libpq.so.3 is
> right there.

Dynamic linker error messages are notoriously unhelpful :-(. I'll bet
it's really complaining about not being able to find some library that
libpq.so depends on. You should be able to use ldd (or local equivalent)
to inspect the list of libraries that libpq.so needs, and from there
figure out what the problem is.