Catching server shutdown in C

From: Graeme Hinchliffe <graeme(dot)hinchliffe(at)zeninternet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Catching server shutdown in C
Date: 2004-08-23 08:53:43
Lists: pgsql-general
Hiya
	I am writing a daemon in C which monitors a table stored in postgres.
I would ideally like the daemon to be able to withstand things such as
the db connection going away or the db being shutdown, and simply keep
trying to connect rather than just fall on it's face.

	Is there a way that I can catch a server shutdown/connection loss
cleanly?  I did a quick search of the mailling list but didn't see
anything.

Thanks for your help

--
-----
Graeme Hinchliffe (BSc)

Direct: 0845 058 9074
Main  : 0845 058 9000
Fax   : 0845 058 9005

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: SVGK, Raju (Raju)Date: 2004-08-23 10:06:03