Re: SSL URL

From: Phil Moors <pmoors(at)ncric(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSL URL
Date: 2004-07-21 21:16:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 16:54, Blaine Simpson wrote:
> I don't have time to test it myself with pg, but in general you can
> append any parameters to the
> connection URL. I don't know how universal it is, but you can even pass
> username and password
> in the connection URL instead of with separate settings. It basically
> goes URL + ; + name=val....
> like
>
> jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/enrollments;ifexists=true
>
> Hopefully CF will let you specify the connection URL itself any way you
> want, since it is
> up to the DB vendor what URL formats they support.

Doesn't look like CF supports anything but what they hardcoded into
their jdbc config:

Attribute validation error for tag CFQUERY.
The tag does not allow the attribute(s) SSLMODE. The valid attribute(s)
are BLOCKFACTOR,CACHEDAFTER,CACHEDWITHIN,CONNECTSTRING,
DATASOURCE,DBNAME,DBPOOL,DBSERVER,DBTYPE,DEBUG,
MAXROWS,NAME,PASSWORD,PROVIDER,PROVIDERDSN,SQL,
TIMEOUT,USERNAME.

Then, reading the manual, they say that connectstring is disabled for
JDBC drivers. Indeed, anything I type into connectstring is completely
ignored by CF.

Phil