Re: patch for allowing multiple -t options to pg_dump

From: "Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe(at)qwest(dot)net>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Andreas Joseph Krogh" <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: patch for allowing multiple -t options to pg_dump
Date: 2004-07-12 02:15:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 19:00, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> [ PGP not available, raw data follows ]
> >
> > Hi, I've prepared a patch(against CVS HEAD of today) to pg_dump.c to
> > make pg_dump understand multiple -t options for dumping multiple tables
> > in one command.
> > Eks:
> > pg_dump -t table1 -t table2 -t table3 <dbname>
> >
> > The patch is here:
> > http://home.officenet.no/~andreak/pg_dump.patch
> >
> > Any comments, flames?
> >
> > Is it too late for it to make it into 7.5? I submitted a patch against
> > 7.4 a while ago, but was then told it had to wait until 7.5, and, well,
> > now it's 7.5-time:-)
>
> Uh, I see your patch posted on July 6. Is that the one? We started a
> feature freeze on July 1.

Is this a feature or a bug fix? I'd say it's more of a bug fix, since
multiple -t switches seems like an obvious thing to support. Now, if we
were adding wild card matching that would seem like an enhancement. I
can't imagine this patch is more than a dozen lines or so. And I can't
imagine it impacting anything else going on right now.