Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All

From: "Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe(at)qwest(dot)net>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All
Date: 2004-07-11 22:25:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 16:01, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Scott,
>
> > Uh, I think it can:
> >
> > http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.pg-result-error.php
>
> Heh. I half-knew that if I pointed this out that someone would correct me
> with a link to new code. In my defense, I will point out that the mentioned
> PHP feature is less than 4 months old.

Actually, it's part of PHP since 4.2.0, which was released on 22 April
2002. That's long enough most folks should know of it by now.

(see http://www.php.net/releases.php)

> > Not a real language indeed. :-)
>
> <grin> I hope you relize that that was said as someone who uses PHP for a lot
> of projects ...

I know you do, I'm just amazed at how many people will dog PHP when it's
not the same language they downloaded and tried 5 years ago :-(