Re: Cast on character columns in views

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Luiz K(dot) Matsumura" <luiz(at)planit(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cast on character columns in views
Date: 2007-09-04 11:08:47
Lists: pgsql-sql

--- "Luiz K. Matsumura" <luiz(at)planit(dot)com(dot)br> wrote:

> Ugh, I'm totally crazy with this views
> I'm using pgadmin with postgres, when I clink on "view the data of
> selected object" button all works fine.
> But when I open a query tool window and do:
>
> SELECT * FROM view1;
> Now, again type1 column returns as bpchar.
> But if I do:

This might be a good question to ask on the PGAdmin mailing list or even try using the latest
version of PGAdmin. Perhaps this is something that PGAdmin is doing rather than postgresql.

If you open psql -U your_db_user -d your_database_name.

and type:

\d schema_name.view_name

was does it show as the definition of the column.

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.