Re: Postgresql on SAN

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Yannick Lecaillez <yl(at)itioweb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql on SAN
Date: 2004-07-07 17:50:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 06:39, Yannick Lecaillez wrote:
> I have this "clustering on SAN" problem today and
<snip>

Me thinks you've fallen into the trap of proprietary vendors. Your
problem isn't that you need "clustering on SAN", your problem is you
want some form of high availability solution for your database. You
*think* "clustering on San" is the best solution for this, but others
have come to differing opinions on this which is why we have things like
slony and pgpool (or clusgres for that matter). Not saying your wrong,
just saying that adding a feature shouldn't be your end goal, solving a
problem should be.

Robert Treat