Re: pg_dump and ON DELETE CASCADE problem

From: CG <cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: pg_dump and ON DELETE CASCADE problem
Date: 2009-12-10 20:21:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure what you mean when you say I should restore to a file. Do you mean I should dump the database to an SQL file instead of the "compressed" format?

What do you think I will find?

In the database dump, it is including a row that should be marked as deleted. I can select on that key in the production database and get zero rows, and I can select on that key in the restored database and find the row. When I ignore errors the data is restored, but the foreign key can't be created (and that is the only error I encounter). The presence of the data in the dump can not be contested... :)