scripting vacuum

From: Andrew Kelly <akelly(at)transparency(dot)org>
To: postgres <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: scripting vacuum
Date: 2004-05-05 11:16:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

This seems pretty clear, but I wanted to ask in case I'm missing
something.

Given a pg_hba.conf with the single entry of
local all md5
and the desire to call vacuumdb via cron,

is my only hope of success to use 'expect', or is there a way
pass the pw as an arg to vacuumdb? Or is there maybe a way to identify
specific local users like you can with hosts?
You know, something like
local:username all trust
local:allotherusers all md5

I've aways thought of 'expect' as rather cheesy and would love to
avoid it.

TIA

Andy