Re: Installation Postgresql

From: Chris <list(at)1006(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installation Postgresql
Date: 2004-04-26 15:26:49
Lists: pgsql-general

> [SuSE]
> I would appreciate if someone can give me hand
> so I can have a good experience installing postgresql .

If you're a complete *nix newbie you should consider
using the precompiled PostgreSQL package that comes with
your copy of SuSE. You can install it with Yast.

The ./configure, make, ... steps are NOT necessary then,
they're for compiling from source.

For getting started with PostgreSQL, you can start it
by using the "service" menu entry from the SUSE GUI
(I'm not using this, so I'm guessing the name...)

You should be able to access the database by using the command line
tools from a terminal window: createdb, psql. Try to see the
man pages, or look up the books you cited (or ask again), if
you get stuck.

Bye, Chris.