Re: kill -2

From: Jord Tanner <jord(at)indygecko(dot)com>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: kill -2
Date: 2004-04-22 13:09:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 15:19, scott.marlowe wrote:
> Are you running the megaraid 2 driver or the older 1.18 series? Just
> wondering.

We started with the megaraid driver distributed with 2.6.3, which is
megaraid v2.00.3. With that driver we weren't able to insert more than 5
million row before corruption appeared. After upgrading to megaraid
v2.20.B2 and 2.6.5 things ran much better, but we are still able to get
the occational DB corruption, though we now have one table with 27
million rows which is working correctly, however, another smaller table
is still problematic. We were running XFS on LVM2 on linux RAID0 on
megaraid RAID1. I switched to JFS, and we are continuing to test.

I'm fairly confident that the problem is the bleeding edge 64bit compile
we are running, and not an underlying hardware problem, but I have to
look at everything.

--
Jord Tanner <jord(at)indygecko(dot)com>