Re: Archives Search Broken

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Archives Search Broken
Date: 2004-03-08 19:05:54
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 11:32, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Dave,
>
> > Though strangely it now seems to work...
>
> I still get nothing. I've tried on both Konqueror & Firefox in case it's a
> browser issue. Odd thing is, the search returns in about 0.5 seconds ...
> which is *awfully* fast considering I'm on wireless. It's like it's not
> even running a search, just immediately returning "no results".
>
> AHA! Found the problem, I think. I was assuming that "in the last month"
> meant "in the last 30 days". I think ASPSeek interprets "in the last
> month" to mean *this* month, i.e. March. This would explain the results I'm
> getting for several queries.

I've been bitten by that before myself...though I didn't know it since I
gave up and went to a different search engine after a couple of
attempts. I tend to agree with Josh's interpretation that in the last
month implies the last 30 days or some such similar timeframe. Can we
change the wording on that to maybe "in the current month" or "in this
month" or if we can get fancy just print the month name... "in March"..
though we'd need to rebuild any referencing pages once a month....

Robert Treat