Re: The default text search configuration will be set to "simple" ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, Stefan Schwarzer <stefan(dot)schwarzer(at)grid(dot)unep(dot)ch>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The default text search configuration will be set to "simple" ?
Date: 2008-04-14 17:36:37
Lists: pgsql-general

>> Stefan Schwarzer wrote:
>>> I am running 10.5, on a MacPro. Postgres version 8.3.1 and got it from
>>> macports.

> On my system, though, locale does report the full locale, not just
> encoding, when I change LANG.

Mine too. On my 10.5.2 machine initdb works as expected when I set
LANG to en_US.UTF-8. The only way I can reproduce the failure is to
*also* set LC_CTYPE to UTF-8 (without any en_US). That strikes me
as a configuration error. PG is looking at LC_CTYPE to decide what
text search config to select, and of course this value tells it
nothing about which language is in use ...