Re: How can I have 2 completely seperated databases in

From: Rod Taylor <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: hong(dot)ge(at)yale(dot)edu, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How can I have 2 completely seperated databases in
Date: 2004-02-12 14:58:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> But for seperating out applications from each other, there's really
> nothing to be gained by putting each seperate database application into
> it's own cluster.

I believe the initial email requested individual logs, and presumably
the ability to grant superuser access without risking a user crossing
into another clients space.

The only way to accomplish this is to run 2 copies. Last time I looked,
you couldn't get the database name in the log files to allow for
mechanical filtering, and a number of abilities are still only available
to superusers -- not through grants or specific permissions.