Re: Documentation search (Was: Postgress and MYSQL)

From: Martin Marques <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation search (Was: Postgress and MYSQL)
Date: 2004-01-15 00:18:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

Mensaje citado por Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>:

> Martin Marques wrote:
> > Not really. I just tried to look in the docs for the explicit for of
> > a CAST (really trying to find the link to send someone), and I just
> > couldn't find it. I know it's somewhere there, as I have read it
> > before, but not even the search engine installed in the interactive
> > docs seem to find that doc.
>
> If you want to find something in the documentation, there's an index at
> the end of it. I realize now that there's no entry for CAST, which I
> will fix. But if you find more terms that you would like to see in the
> index, write to pgsql-docs.

Well, this is something very interesting. I didn't know about pgsql-docs (maybe
it's because I go into the "lists" section in www.postgresql.org not looking at
the lists available, but looking for actual help on a certain list).

I will do so in the future. Thanks alot.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués | Programador, DBA