Re: Permissions issue?

From: Christopher Murtagh <christopher(dot)murtagh(at)mcgill(dot)ca>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Permissions issue?
Date: 2003-12-17 19:59:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 13:54, Stephan Szabo wrote:
> I think you probably want to revoke create on the public schema. Create on
> databases controls the creation of schemas.
> From the grant page:

Hrm, thanks for the reply. I tried that too. Here's what I got (below).
Am I missing something obvious?

[chris(at)torvalds chris]$ createuser newuser
Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) n
Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) n
CREATE USER
[chris(at)torvalds chris]$ psql chris
Welcome to psql 7.4RC2, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help on internal slash commands
\q to quit

chris=# REVOKE ALL ON SCHEMA public FROM newuser;
REVOKE
chris=# REVOKE ALL ON DATABASE chris FROM newuser;
REVOKE
chris=# \q
[chris(at)torvalds chris]$ psql chris -U newuser
Welcome to psql 7.4RC2, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help on internal slash commands
\q to quit