Re: RI within PLPGSQL

From: "cnliou" <cnliou(at)so-net(dot)net(dot)tw>
To: "" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RI within PLPGSQL
Date: 2003-12-13 04:19:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thank you very much for your explanation!

Includem"Stephan Szabo" <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>n
wrote:
>There have been discussions in the past about when cascade
events
>should occur. The code currently does what I believe was
last
>agreed upon, although its behavior is fairly wierd for
deferred
>constraints and functions. Right now the cascade happens
at the
>end of the full statement (in this case the call to the
function)
>which is why you get a key constraint error in the second
call to f1
>and why the later inserted row is removed in f2.

It sounds to me that the only solution to my case is
executing

DELETE FROM referenced_table

and

INSERT INTO referencing_table

in seperate transactions. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I also feel it might be a good idea to include an example
like the one in my previous message in the documentation so
that this question hopefully will not be asked repeatedly.

Regards,

CN