Thanks very much for your help.
Its working now.
I have changed the server encoding from SQL_ASCII (standard) to UNICODE.
And now i am able to set the client_encoding to latin1 to see my lovely
Thanks very much. Both of you!!
Am Don, den 04.12.2003 schrieb Benjamin Riefenstahl um 18:05:
> Hi Gunnar,
> "Gunnar Groetschel" <ggroetschel(at)sokoma(dot)de> writes:
> > I have tried all "SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO '*'" but nothin worked.
> Well, this has definitly an effect here in my installation with
> SERVER_ENCODING=UNICODE. It's possible though, that PostgreSQL treats
> a conversion from SERVER_ENCODING=SQL_ASCII to CLIENT_ENCODING=LATIN1
> or any other encoding as a no-op, which is not surprising. Try to
> setup your database as UNICODE or LATIN1 and see if SET
> CLIENT_ENCODING works than.
> > I have set up the debugging and PGAdmin says that it is using the
> > SQL_ASCII encoding. All the Umlauts are there. This is really
> > curious.
> To repeat: "ASCII" means "there are no umlauts, and if you insist on
> putting random 8-bit characters into the database, you are on your
> own." There is nothing curious about that this works in some
> applications and doesn't work in others. Unless I am missing
> something here.
Tel.: 069 92008023
In response to
pgsql-odbc by date
|Next:||From: nobody||Date: 2003-12-05 17:59:42|
|Subject: Re: access and postgresql|
|Previous:||From: Ray Aspeitia||Date: 2003-12-04 21:27:08|
|Subject: Re: 7.4 include file conflict|