Re: strange buildfarm failure on lionfish

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange buildfarm failure on lionfish
Date: 2007-07-24 16:08:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> writes:
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=lionfish&dt=2007-07-24%2005:30:13
> any ideas ?

I saw what I think was the identical failure last night on my own
machine, but it wasn't repeatable. Evidently the planner is changing to
a different plan for those queries, but why has this only started
recently? Maybe the recent changes to autovacuum defaults are causing
autovac to hit these tables when it never did before?