Re: [INTERFACES] Pg from CGI in Apache

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: woho(at)ieee(dot)org
Cc: PostgreSQL Interface List <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Pg from CGI in Apache
Date: 1999-02-14 19:54:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Wolfgang Hottgenroth <whottgen(at)w3plus(dot)de> writes:
> I tryed to use some functions from the Pg-module from a CGI-script,
> started on a Apache-server. I always get only an error-message, that
> Dynaloader can not resolve the symbols from Pg, althrough I am able to
> start the scripts directly from the shell without problems.
> Did anyone knows problems like that?

Lack of an appropriate environment variable setting in the CGI context
is probably the problem --- LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or your platform's
equivalent) is the first thing I'd check for. You may also find that
your scripts are depending on other things in your shell environment,
like PGHOST, PGPASSWORD, etc...

regards, tom lane