Re: RE : mod_auth_pgsql & encryption

From: Network Administrator <netadmin(at)vcsn(dot)com>
To: Bruno BAGUETTE <pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net>
Cc: "'Kris Jurka'" <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, "'Molly Gibson'" <molly_gibson2002(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RE : mod_auth_pgsql & encryption
Date: 2003-09-30 14:42:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Quoting Bruno BAGUETTE <pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net>:

> > I'm personally using mod_auth_pgsql against a user table with
> > encrypted passwords. To properly encrypt them I am using the
> > contrib pgcrypto module and something like
>
> Hello,
>
> Can you tell me what version of mod_auth_pgsql do you use ? And the
> Apache version ?
>
> I'm currently having problems with mod_auth_pgsql 2.0.1 that causes a
> PostgreSQL denial of service (max connection is reached because
> mod_auth_pgsql don't close the backend connection).
>
> Thanks in advance.

> http://archives.postgresql.org

This is slightly off the topic but in regards to using encrypted passwords. How
does one "recover" the password in the database if at all? I think I might be
under the false pretense that the encryption is similar to a modern *nix
password file. Thanks.

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications