Re: PostgreSQL versus MySQL

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: PgSQL General ML <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL versus MySQL
Date: 2003-09-20 21:46:03
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 17:15, Christopher Browne wrote:
> sean(at)chittenden(dot)org (Sean Chittenden) writes:
[snip]
> A coworker made the snide remark that anyone that doesn't totally "get
> it" is likely to really wonder about the notion of roasting a dolphin
> over a spit.
>
> Roasting dolphins over the fire isn't exactly politically correct, and
> the only people that could "get it" as being funny are those that are
> in the advocacy group.

When I saw the image, I had to check at mysql.com to ensure that
the dolphin actually *is* the MySQL mascot.

[snip]
> (Note, I say this all as one of the politically-incorrect people that
> find jokes involving furry creatures being blown up to be outrageously
> funny at some weird visceral level.)

http://www.geekswithguns.com/

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net
Jefferson, LA USA

"You can either have software quality or you can have pointer
arithmetic, but you cannot have both at the same time."
Bertrand Meyer