Re: Prevent from Deletion

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: PgSQL General ML <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Prevent from Deletion
Date: 2003-09-02 15:17:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 22:07, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tables that have default records that must not be deleted or
> modified.
> Is there an easy way to do this. Like setting a trigger on the Primary
> key value ?

How about revoking DELETE and UPDATE privileges from all users
except the DBA?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety." or
something like that
Ben Franklin, maybe