Re: Example Database

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: PgSQL General ML <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Example Database
Date: 2003-08-21 08:07:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 02:21, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> On Thursday 21 August 2003 12:44, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > This looks rather interesting:
> > >
> > > http://wfb2sql.sourceforge.net/
> > >
> > > (CIA World Fact Book to SQL.)
> >
> > But the CIA is Eeeeeeeevil, and PostgreSQL is Pure (it's is Debian
> > Main after all!).
> >
> > How could you even *think* of corrupting PG in that manner?????
>
> Well, that was nice but in case somebody misses the point of joke, from the
> website..

Well, actually, no, I was talking directly about the CIA itself.

Am I dating myself by presuming that most people think of the CIA
a a bunch of ultra-right-wing incompetent spooks that go around
toppling "freely" elected governments?

> -------------
> The CIA World Factbook
>

> wfb2sql has been tested with the Factbook 2003 and 2002. The Factbook is
> available for free at http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/. Extract
> from the Copyright-Statement: "The Factbook is in the public domain.
> Accordingly, it may be copied freely without permission of the Central
> Intelligence Agency (CIA).". The complete .zip-archive has as size of approx.
> 85 MB. Since wfb2sql doesn't need the included PDF-maps, you may also decide
> to download the smaller version without the PDF-maps. This download is about
> 15 MB.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net
Jefferson, LA USA

"they love our milk and honey, but preach about another way of living"
Merle Haggard, "The Fighting Side Of Me"